[*BCM*] The red light argument

Hari Arisetty h_arisetty at tcbinc.org
Wed Oct 13 16:13:30 EDT 2004

I think we've gone through this argument a couple of times over the last year that I've subscribed to this list. The arguments on both sides - whether to stop or to run red lights - have been very logical and thoughtful, but I don't think anyone will change their riding habits based on reading some email.

Too bad that some of the emotion and work of marshaling arguments pro or con running reds, could not instead be placed into planning some new CM routes or into convincing someone you know to ride critical mass. Maybe a ride into South Boston or into the North End or even the remote and exotic locale that is Harvard square.

Finally, critical mass during the winter months - January and February - have a totally different feel. It's a smaller group and quieter - no running red lights, taking up only one lane on Mass Ave. So, if the critical ass-pect during the summer months turns you off I'd really recommend joining the mass in the  coming winter months.