[*BCM*] ped vs. bike

TSmith4918 at aol.com TSmith4918 at aol.com
Wed Oct 13 14:59:46 EDT 2004

In a message dated 10/13/2004 10:00:03 AM Eastern Standard Time,
lfpeters at eltonhamptonarchitects.com writes:
There was a nasty crash on Longwood Ave in Brookline this morning.  I showed
up just after it happened.  It appeared that a pedestrian walked into the path
of a biker too late for him to stop.  Both guys were in bad shape.  I stayed
a minute, but realized there was nothing I could do that the police and
ambulance couldn’t.

The biker was wearing a flame orange vest and the accident happened midway
through the block not in an intersection/crosswalk.
it can be a nasty stretch:  I stepped off in front of a bike here and will
never forget it (near miss) and have had the same done to me...sorry to hear
about it, and it only reinforces my greater fear of foot traffic than the wheeled
variety (less predictable)
Tim