[*BCM*] Cambridge po-po sighting

TSmith4918 at aol.com TSmith4918 at aol.com
Wed Oct 13 14:56:38 EDT 2004

In a message dated 10/13/2004 1:53:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dbx at sack.dreamhost.com writes:
Yep.

Further totally useless police folktales: some Boston motorcycle police
sit at the intersection of Mass Ave. and Newbury in the evening, ticketing
drivers who run the red.  I've run the red in front of them several times
while waving hello; the one time I did so behind a motor vehicle, they
pulled over and ticketed the (motorcycle) operator.
Brookline cops are generally pretty good too at allowing thru red travel if
they are directing traffic or crosswalking peds..this one guy seems to
appreciate the value of momentum on an incline...(e.g. Beacon at Washington going
west..)...I think ticketing bikes is fairly rare?