[*BCM*] (no subject)

Dorie Clark bikexec at massbike.org
Fri Oct 1 16:22:21 EDT 2004

MassBike October Update

Register for Bike Night!

Reserve your spot now at MassBike’s 5th Annual Bike Night, coming up soon on
Monday, October 18 from 6:00-8:00 p.m. at Ryles in Cambridge (212 Hampshire
St., Inman Square). Save yourself time at the door by registering online! We
’ll be joined by Massachusetts Secretary of Commonwealth Development Doug
Foy, and State Senator Jarrett Barrios and comedian Jimmy Tingle will
receive special cycling advocacy awards. You won’t want to miss our silent
auction, featuring fun items to bid on including an electric bike from
Neobicycle.com (a Merida 550 LTD with a retail price of $895!); a Redbones
gift certificate; a bike tuneup; merchandise from REI; tickets to the play
Shear Madness; yoga and acupuncture; and more! Check back soon at
www.massbike.org to see a complete listing of all silent auction items. This
fun event is only $25 and proceeds go to benefit MassBike’s work to make
bicycling better in Massachusetts.

As always, we want to thank our friends in the business community: Major
Sponsor Stonyfield Farm/O’Naturals; the law firm of Jason & Fischer at the
Sponsor level; and at the Supporter level, Seyfarth Shaw LLP; Landry’s
Bicycles; the Charles River TMA; Wheelworks; and the Cycle Loft.

Click here for more information and to register
http://www.active.com/event_detail.cfm?event_id=1165669
---
Volunteer at Bike Night

Want to come to the year’s premier bicycling advocacy event for free?
Volunteer at Bike Night on Monday, October 18! We still need help with bike
valet parking, working the MassBike table, setup, and cleanup. Meet great
people and help support cycling! Email bikexec at massbike.org to sign up.
-----------------
MassBike-Pioneer Valley Ride This Sunday, Oct. 3

MassBike-Pioneer Valley is cosponsoring the Northampton Great Trees Bicycle
Tour this Sunday, Oct. 3, from  9:45am - 1pm (rain date Sunday, October 10).
MassBike members will be leading a seven-mile easy bike tour to visit some
of Northampton's most stately trees. The event features local tree history
and education, live music and poetry, and begins at 9:45am at Lampron Park,
next to the Bridge St. School. $5 per person is the requested donation,
which goes toward public tree care. Bring your own lunch for a picnic at the
end of the ride at Bridge St. Cemetery. For more information, contact Lilly
Lombard at 413-586-6164, or jollypair at comcast.net.
------------------
Want to find out more about running for a seat on MassBike’s Board of
Directors?

Do you love MassBike? Have an expertise in development/fundraising, chapter
development, bike policy, financial planning, or other useful non-profit
skills? If you’re interested in finding out more about serving on MassBike’s
Board of Directors, please email Board President Robin Schulman at
rschu92 at yahoo.com.
----------------------
New MassBike Member Benefits! (Including discounts on yoga and acupuncture)

Our list of business partners continues to grow. The Brook Farm Inn in Lenox
has signed on to give MassBike members a 10% discount on stays of two nights
or more, and we are also branching out into exciting new areas. If you’ve
been looking for a yoga class or an acupuncturist, search no further.
Mindful Dog Yoga in Somerville and acupuncturist Allison Dimond in Cambridge
have both agreed to provide a 20% discount to MassBike members.

Click here for more information.

http://www.massbike.org/memship/bb.htm
Join Our Lunchtime Volunteer Corps

Do you work near MassBike? (We’re near the Public Garden and the Arlington T
stop.) Want to help out one lunch hour per week? Join MassBike staffers
Dorie and Mike—and star volunteer Lisa Laramee, who inaugurated our
Lunchtime Volunteer Corps idea—and spend your break helping out. We always
need people to assist with envelope stuffing, data entry, and the like.
Bring a brown bag, give us an hour per week, and help bicycling in
Massachusetts. Email mike at massbike.org to sign up.