[*BCM*] Fair Trade Bike Frames & Components?

TSmith4918 at aol.com TSmith4918 at aol.com
Mon Jul 26 08:27:26 EDT 2004

In a message dated 7/25/2004 4:43:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dabbotthammond at comcast.net writes:
There's an organization working to assure that organic, shade-grown coffee
gets support and a market in the West, and the coffee workers/growers get a
fair shake - I think it's called Fair Trade something or other.  Is there a
corresponding organization that makes sure our bike frames and parts aren't
made under repressive, sweatshop conditions overseas?  If not, I think there
should be.

Dave Hammond
Equal Exchange is one of these groups/businesses....I agree with Dave,
though, even if it means $2000 Huffys