[*BCM*] Single file law (was Horrifying editorial in the TAB)

turtle turtle at zworg.com
Tue Jul 20 10:00:22 EDT 2004

The Bicyclists' Bill of Rights and Responsibilities, which would change
the single-file law to a somewhat less descrimintory "double-file" law,
is currently making it's way through Massachusetts legislature and needs
lots of support to push it through.  Check out
http://www.massbike.org/bikelaw/leg2003/ for more info, and then
contact your state senators and representatives and tell them to vote
for it!  Heck, you could even ask your legislator's to propose an
amendment to make the law non-descriminatory by taking out the
random-number-file law altogether.  (Think of China, and imagine a
utopian Boston, where everyone bicycles.  Then imagine them all trying
to ride single-file, or even double-file!)

-Turtle
Who's Streets?  Everyone's Streets!