[*BCM*] Looking for some old parts

Michael A Zlotowicz maz211 at nyu.edu
Mon Dec 6 09:34:40 EST 2004

Howdy,
The SCUL link posted last week was so cool I was inspired to build my
own chopper bicycle. I worked through the night fabricating a frame
that accomodates a fork extended by forty inches. However, when I
finished, I discovered to my dismay that the only rear wheel I had on
hand didn't gear correctly the the pedal sprocket from a 10 speed (the
teeth are spaced differently). So if anyone has some spare bike parts
cluttering their basement they want a few bucks for, here's what I need
to finish my project:

Spare frame to cut up for additional tubing (any condition)
Rear wheel (15" or 16") wider the better, with coaster brake. Sprocket
must gear to 10 speed pedal sprocket.
Generator and lights/audio system components.

Items in any codition wanted. Thanks. Advice on local landfills for
scavaging also appreciated.
Any advice on a steering stabilizer? I think I raked it a bit too much.
Yours,
Mike Z